ALUMINUM FULL VIEW DOORS
- 1/2" (12.7 mm) insulated
- 1/2" (12.7 mm) insulated tempered
- 1/8" (3.2 mm) tempered
- 1/4" (6.4 mm) tempered
- 1/8" (3.2 mm) plexiglass
- 1/4" (6.4 mm) wire glass
- 1/8" (3.2 mm) DSB glass
- 1/4" (6.4 mm) polycarbonate
- Custom glazing options available
Standard finished include white or brown painted and clear anodized finish.
Premium finishing options include:
- RAL color powder coat
- 187 different powder coat offerings
- Custom Colors with Color Blast ® Garage Door Paint System
- Bronze, dark bronze, black or custom color anodized finishing
- High Cycle Springs (25K, 50K and 100K available)
- 3" heavy duty track (where not standard)
- Double End Stiles
- Photo eyes, sensing edges and Operators
- Sustainable Door Upgrade
- Header (top) and Jamb Seals
- Options to meet Wind load design pressure levels
- High Performance Hardware Upgrade
Insulated Steel Full View
* R-values calculated per DASMA TDS-163 on a solid door
** R-values calculated per DASMA TDS-163 using weighted average with 3/4" insulated glass.
✭Maximum Width and Height values listed are Standard sizing.
Aluminum Steel Full View
|Model||Thickness||Emboss||Max Width✭||Max Height✭|
|902||2-1/8"||44" on center, end panels vary||24'2"||20'0"|
|903||2-1/8"||Equal panel spacing||24'2"||20'0"|
✭Maximum Width and Height values listed are Standard sizing.
STEEL INSULATED FULL-VIEW DOORSAll of our Steel Insulated Door models come with the following:
|Joint Design:||Tongue and groove section with continuous foam thermal break prevents cold or heat from passing through the section|
|Paint System:||3-stage paint process delivers maintenance free finish that resists rust perforation|
|Warranty:||Limited 10-year paint/ 10-year delamination / 1 year material and workmanship|
|Panel Design:||(3728) 2” stucco embossed steel flush steel exterior (3729) 2” thick stucco embossed steel exterior with minor ribbed pattern|
|Steel Gauge:||27 (.016” min) exteriror; 28 (.015” min)|
|Colors:||White, Glacier White, Chocolate, Mocha Brown, Black, gray, Trinar White, Almond, Sandtone, Desert Tan, Bronze|
|Panel Design:||(3708) 1-3/8” stucco embossed steel flush steel exterior (3709) 1-3/8” thick stucco embossed steel exterior with minor ribbed pattern|
|Steel Gauge:||27 (.016” min) exterior; 28 (.015” min)|
|Colors:||Standard White, Glacier White, Chocolate, Mocha Brown, Black, Trinar White, Almond, Sandtone, Desert Tan, Bronze|
|Panel Design:||(3208) 2” stucco embossed steel flush steel exterior (3209) 2” thick stucco embossed steel exterior|
|Steel Gauge:||(.016” min) exterior; 28 (.015” min)|
|Colors:||Standard White, Chocolate, Black, Gray, Trinar White|
|Panel Design:||(3158) 1-3/8” stucco embossed steel flush exterior (3159) 1-3/8” thick stucco embossed steel exterior with minor ribbed pattern|
|Steel Gauge:||27 (.016” min) exterior: 28 (.015” min)|
|Colors:||Standard White, Glacier White, Chocolate, Black, Gray, Trinar White, Almond, Sandtone, Desert Tan, Bronze.|
ALUMINUM FULL-VIEW DOORS
|Panel Design:||Recessed aluminum panel|
|Gauge:||0.75” thick extrusions .050” aluminum panels|
|Colors:||Clear, bronze anodized, bronze paint, black, anodized, white, commercial brown. Custom colors also available|
|Warranty:||Limited 5-year finish / 1-year material and workmanship|
Commercial doors are designed with hardware to meet demanding applications of commercial building usage. All commercial doors are provided with the following hardware as standard. For additional upgraded hardware see “Options” tab.
- 14 gauge hinges
- Commercial 10 ball steel rollers with options for nylon tire rollers
- 10,000 cycle torsion springs
- Steel step plate and lift handle for easy operation
- Inside slide lock for increase security
- 19 gauge steel hinge support plates
- 18-gauge single end stiles; 16-gauge double end stiles
- Galvanized aircraft cables with 7:1 safety factory
- 2” or 3” track in a variety of configurations to meet building design requirements
COMMERCIAL TRACK APPLICATIONS
In commercial settings, space utilization and space constraints are important factors in choosing the correct hardware configuration for your application. Clopay track offerings and options enable you to make the most efficient use of available space. Options include standard lift, low head room front or rear mount, follow the roof pitch, full vertical or combination of these options. Learn more
COMMERCIAL TORSION SPRINGS
Designed to counterbalance even the largest doors, commercial torsion spring assemblies can be designed for Industry standard 10,000 cycles or can be upgraded to 25,000, 50,000 or 100,000 expected life cycles. Click here for details
An Introduction to Commercial Glass Garage Doors
Benefits of Commercial Glass Garage Doors in Houston
Clear garage doors offer unique advantages, ranging from an enhanced modern style to increased energy efficiency. Plus, a broad selection of styles and colors puts you in control of a door with increased quality and function.
Here are some of the many benefits your business could gain from a glass garage door:
- Increased energy efficiency: By letting natural light into your business during the winter, glass windows can help reduce the cost of your heating bill. In the summer, you’ll have an easier time airing out your space to improve air circulation. During Houston’s infamous 100-degree days, an insulated finish keeps your air conditioning from escaping. For further customization, you can buy different levels of insulation and frosted glass finishes.
- Enhanced street-side appeal: With all-glass garage doors, you can showcase the interior of your store, putting your business on display for the whole street. This transparency inspires more foot traffic due to its clean, open look. Show confidence and pride in your business by choosing a see-through garage door. If you want the look of a glass door but can’t have transparency, we have opaque tint options for more customer privacy.
- Improved use of space: As a financially responsible business owner, you must account for every inch of your business. We consider the constraints of your space to offer the proper hardware solutions that best fit your unique floor plan. We want the door to work with your space, not against it.
- Extended options: Every business operates differently. To accommodate your unique specifications and preferences, glass garage doors come in a broad range of options in size, color, finish, hardware, material, tint and insulation. Customers are consistently impressed by the unique selection of see-through and frosted doors available in our showroom. We aim to give you the best possible chance of finding a door to compliment your location.
- Expanded sense of space: Glass doors make even the smallest spaces feel open, airy and spacious — they increase the amount of light entering your business and draw attention to the window, making even the most modest businesses feel roomier.
Applications of Commercial Glass Garage Doors in Houston
As a business owner, you know first impressions are everything. Garage and entry doors become an integral part of your building’s aesthetic, because when potential clients walk past your business, they see your entryway first.
The variety of options available for glass garage doors makes them widely applicable to most traditional and non-traditional storefronts. They are a popular choice because of their versatility and professionalism.
Glass doors offer traditional storefronts an excellent opportunity to showcase displays of their merchandise. People passing by on the street will be inspired to stop and take a closer look. For any business that has a service or good to display, a glass garage door could be the perfect option to add a sense of space and professionalism. These might include industries like:
- Restaurants: While closed, you can make the inside feel more spacious for customers and interest passersby in your restaurant by showcasing the ambiance inside. When open, your patrons can enjoy both your food and the fresh air. The doors expand the space and make a more seamless dining experience for those sitting outside. They open and close quickly and safely — crucial features to keep up with Houston’s irregular rainy season.
- Warehouses: Garage doors are the uncontested option for warehouses because they offer ample space for the offloading and loading of merchandise. A glass door provides a unique take on a traditionally standard appearance. It provides a refreshing change of scenery for a worker used to operating inside a blank warehouse all day.
- Shopfronts: When it comes to small businesses, you must make a statement to all potential customers — especially if you only operate in person. With an insulated glass garage door, the wares you offer inside become advertisements for those passing by.
- Coffee shop: Coffee shops with glass walls have an open, inviting appearance and allow readers, writers and conversationalists to enjoy the weather outside — even in the rain. A glass garage door takes that idea a step further. In optimal weather conditions, opening the entrance to the fresh air and sunshine takes the cafe goer’s experience to the next level.
- Office space: Not every client wants their door installed outside. Some modern offices looking to change their spaces’ utility and design opt for a glass garage door to temporarily separate conference rooms or shared work spaces.
- Auto dealers: While many discount auto shops leave their cars out in the elements, showcasing the newest line-up of wheels with a clear glass door elevates the customer’s sense of the car’s value. Even used car dealers can showcase high-value vehicles inside. The customer then has a more seamless experience discussing cars on the lot with a spokesperson while indoors.
- Gift shop: Particularly in a cosmopolitan area like Houston, a tourist-driven venue could increase sales if more people notice the shop. When people unfamiliar with the area pass by your shop and look into your glass doors, they have a better chance of picking you out from the crowd.
- Bar or brewery: When the opportunity arises, you can take advantage of the weather and open up the garage door to give your front room the feeling of an open-concept patio Biergarten.
Are Commercial Glass Garage Doors Insulated?
Yes, you can customize commercial glass garage doors to be insulated.
Insulated doors positively impact a building’s energy efficiency. In addition to lowering your electric bill and increasing your efficiency, insulated doors operate more quietly and have enhanced durability than doors without insulation.
The windows themselves, as well as the glazing applied, can be insulated, and the steel full-view doors come already insulated. All of these details can be customized. Steel full-view doors come with either 3/4-inch insulated tempered or 3/4-inch insulated frosted tempered glass, while aluminum full-view doors come with either 1/2-inch insulated or 1/2-inch insulated tempered glass.
All models of the steel insulated full-view doors come with the following:
- Joint system: This tongue and groove section uses a continuous foam thermal break to help keep cold or heat from passing through. This detail saves you more as your doors become more energy efficient.
- Three-stage paint process: This procedure protects your door from the elements and delivers a maintenance-free finish that resists rust perforation in your door after installation.
- Warranty: Because we believe in the quality of our products and the professional installation our employees offer, our doors come with multiple warranties — limited 10-year paint, 10-year de-lamination, and one-year material and workmanship warranty. We stand by the value of our doors and the quality of service we offer.
Frequently Asked Questions About Commercial Glass Garage Doors
Before committing to any upgrade for your business, you must take the time to ask the right questions. To get you started, we’ve put together a list of some of the questions we hear from our customers. It’s crucial to know the facts, so you can make the most informed decision possible when choosing a door that’s right for you.
1. What Are the Sizes of Commercial Glass Garage Doors?
The insulated steel full-view doors start with with the smallest, model 3158 — with a maximum width of 18 feet, two inches and a maximum height of 16 feet — up to model 3729, with a width of 20 feet, two inches and height of 18 feet. The aluminum glass door option is larger, with a maximum width and height of 24 feet, two inches and 20 feet, respectively.
2. What Are Frosted Glass Garage Doors?
Steel full-view doors give the option for 1/8-inch tempered-frost or 3/4-inch insulated tempered-frost finishes. The frosted options allow your business to keep all the benefits of a glass door — such as aesthetic value and energy efficiency — but with a bit more privacy.
For business owners that don’t want their storefront to be completely transparent, this opaque option is the perfect middle ground between warehouse sectional doors and fully transparent all-glass garage doors. It also allows you to control the amount of natural light that enters the window.
3. What Materials Are Commercial Glass Garage Doors Made Of?
Part of the cost of a glass garage door is the high amount and quality of materials required in the manufacturing. When it comes to the glass, you have options between insulated tempered, plexiglass, wire glass, tempered, DSB glass, polycarbonate — all with custom glazing options.
Both aluminum and steel glass doors give you a choice of:
- Three different high-cycle springs
- A 3-inch heavy-duty track
- Double end stiles
- Photo eyes
- Sensing edges and operators
- A sustainable door upgrade
- Header and jamb seals
- A high-performance hardware upgrade
They each independently have a few more unique options. No two businesses are alike, and not every door will work for every storefront.
4. How Often Do You Need Maintenance on a Commercial Glass Garage Door?
Annual maintenance increases the longevity of your door. If your door appears to have operating issues, schedule an appointment to make sure the mechanics are properly functioning.
A commercial garage door sees significantly more use than a residential one, and to keep your workers and your patrons safe, you must have the mechanics checked by a professional.
Thanks to the three-stage paint process, the paint resists rust and eliminates the need for maintenance on the exterior.
5. What Are Some Important Things to Consider When Buying a Glass Garage Door?
Most companies don’t buy garage doors regularly, so it’s essential to do your research before and during the buying process. Although decisions vary with each door, here are some good things to know before committing to a particular door:
- Better products require less maintenance. When you opt to pay more for better springs, a newer opener or better insulation, you increase the longevity and durability of your door. Paying more upfront extends the life of the door. When the door wears out slowly, you don’t repeat this process as frequently.
- You might need to buy an opener. With most companies, you purchase the opener separately from the door. Unless your current opener is new, you should buy a new opener now, so you don’t need to buy one a few years down the road. Fortunately, most garage door providers sell openers and can recommend one that works well with your new door.
- Local shops offer unique customization. If you have custom needs for your door, a local shop is your only option. Of course, you can buy pre-manufactured doors from the large home improvement corporations. But when you need a door custom-built to fit your needs, local shops work with you to get a door to fulfill all your specifications.
Request an Estimate Today From Halo Overhead Doors
Modern glass garage doors are a fantastic option for showcasing the storefront of your business. Their stylish appeal tells your patrons they are welcome to enter and explore what you have to offer.
At Halo Overhead Doors, we’ve been a part of the Houston community since 1991. Through the decades, we’ve maintained our quality, integrity and care for the well-being of your business and home.
Our commercial doors reinvent your business’s location without the hassle of weeks of installation. Our team of seasoned professionals will install your door with skill and efficiency. Everyone on our team has years of experience in the industry, giving us the expertise to install virtually any door. Because of the quick installation, your clients experience no disruptions in their customer experience.
There’s no better time to start making an excellent first impression. Request a custom estimate, and learn more about the options available to see how we can best help your business.