Whether you have a residential or commercial garage door in Houston, quality garage door service is a must. If you need garage door repair you can count on, come to Halo Overhead Doors, where you’ll find tough doors and loyal service.
Residential Garage Door Service in Houston
Do you need service for your residential garage door? If your door or opener needs repairs, maintenance, replacement or installation, we have the information you need on the service.
1. Garage Door Repair
If your garage door is in need of repairs, you’ll want to promptly schedule service. While you may be able to handle some very minor repairs on your own, such as changing the remote batteries, for many garage door repairs, you’ll want to trust professionals who have the tools and skills to correctly address the problem.
One of the easiest garage door repairs to perform on your own is lubrication. Lubricating moving parts of the door regularly helps the door continue to move smoothly and decreases the wear and tear on those parts. You can use liquid engine oil to lubricate these moving garage door parts, and you don’t need a lot of it. A drop on each roller and on the hinges and bearings should be enough. You can also hire professionals to handle this task for you.
We recommend examining your garage door monthly. You may want to hire a professional if you come across any of the following issues during your monthly inspection:
- Cracked panels
- Strange sounds
- Frayed cable
- Missing glass
- Misaligned doors
- An off-track door
- Spring issues
On your own, you shouldn’t try to manage repairs for any of these issues. You’ll want to schedule these repairs with a professional as soon as possible. Paying for them before the issue becomes more extensive will save you money in the long run.
Cost also varies by the type of repair you need to schedule. Regardless, your garage door plays a pretty big role in the curb appeal and value of your home, so when you’re scheduling your garage door repairs, remember how much the repairs will increase your home’s value rather than just considering the initial dollar cost.
2. Garage Door Opener Repair
If your garage door isn’t opening or closing properly, you may have a problem with your garage door opener. If nothing happens after you activate your opener — or if you hear an unusual sound when the door is opening — you probably need to have your opener repaired.
If the opener doesn’t open the garage door but you’re able to open and close it manually, you’ll know it’s definitely a problem with the opener. If you’re not able to open the door even manually, the problem may be caused by another issue, such as off-track rollers or a broken spring. First, check the batteries. If the opener still isn’t working, hire professionals to repair it.
3. Garage Door Maintenance
When was maintenance last performed on your garage door? Have you ever had maintenance performed on your garage door? Scheduling regular maintenance has several major benefits, such as extending the life of the door and identifying issues interfering with its ability to operate properly.
If something is wrong with your garage door, you may not notice any malfunctioning right away, especially if the door is compensating for an ill-functioning part. If you schedule regular maintenance, professionals can identify these issues, especially before they start causing any significant problems. Regular maintenance can also allow professionals to pinpoint whether any parts have been dealing with added pressure or stresses, thus helping your garage door last longer and continue to operate smoothly.
Our maintenance program at Halo Overhead Doors includes:
- Checking the door’s alignment
- Checking that the door opens and closes correctly
- Locating worn-out parts
- Locating broken springs
- Locating broken cables
- Locating cracks or gaps in the weatherstripping
- Examining the garage door opener motor
- Making sure the photo eye sensors are functioning properly
- Clearing dirt from rollers, tracks, photo eye sensors and door underside
We’ll also provide you with recommendations for ways you can maintain your garage door between monthly maintenance services.
4. Garage Door Replacement
Are you in need of a garage door replacement? Garages that are cared for well can remain functional for as long as 50 years. Without that care, however, a garage door’s lifespan may only be about 10 to 15 years. All that said, even the best-kept doors will eventually need replacement.
Here are a few signs that your garage door will soon be in need of replacement:
- Frequent repairs required: If repairs to your garage door will end up costing you more than a replacement, it may be time to replace your door.
- Old age: Garage doors that are more than 10 years old may be reaching the end of their useful lifespan. An older garage door was also built with older technology, so a new garage door will mean a more updated look and modern technology.
- Sagging: Wooden garage doors in particular tend to sag severely when they’re reaching the end of their lifespan.
- Unattractive appearance: Garage doors can have a big impact on a home’s curb appeal. To increase the curb appeal and value of your home, you may want to consider a garage door replacement.
- Lack of energy-efficiency: A garage door is a large entry into your property and can thus let in a lot of cold air. If your garage door is not energy-efficient, you may want to consider replacing it for an upgrade that can better insulate your home.
If you believe you may need a new garage door soon, consider replacement rather than scheduling further repairs. A new garage door is considered one of the best returns on investment for home improvements, so a garage door replacement could be just the update your home needs.
5. Garage Door Installation
Though you may feel inclined to install your garage door yourself, we do not recommend it. Garage doors can be extremely heavy, weighing hundreds of pounds, and this task is certainly not one that can be handled alone. It’s also a task that can be quite dangerous performed without proper professional training.
If you try to install a garage door yourself and somehow manage to avoid injuring yourself or someone assisting you, you’ll probably damage your new garage door during your attempt to install it. This issue can void any warranty you may have on the door, and you’ll also have to schedule a repair of your brand new door. Incorrect installation of a garage door can also mean that the door doesn’t function properly.
All of this information means that hiring professionals who are experienced and well-trained is well worth the time, energy and money you’ll save. Whether you need garage door repairs, opener repairs, maintenance, replacement or installation, Halo Overhead Doors has the tools and experience to service your garage door.
Commercial Garage Door Service in Houston
Is your business in need of commercial garage door service? If you’re located in Houston, Halo Overhead Doors is here to help. Do you need to replace your existing commercial garage door? Do you want to upgrade from an out-of-date door? Or does your existing garage door simply require some repairs?
Whatever your needs, we can act fast so that your business stays protected. A commercial overhead door that doesn’t open or close? That can have a disastrous effect on a company’s workflow. You may even be forced to shut down your operation until the door can be fixed, which is why hiring professionals as soon as the issue arises is critical.
We handle commercial sectional doors, security grilles, counter shutters, fire doors, rolling doors, warehouse doors and storage unit doors:
- Sectional doors: Our sectional doors made of ribbed steel can be insulated or not depending on your preferences. They roll up and down easily for your convenience and will improve the appearance and functionality of your commercial property.
- Counter shutters: For smaller openings that need protection, you may want to consider a counter shutter door. These doors are great for pay windows, concession stands and ticket sales counters — areas where you’ll be interacting with patrons over a countertop. These counter shutter doors can be installed with a lift-up or crank and motor operation or both.
- Fire doors: A fire in your commercial facility can be either an inconvenience or a disaster, and a great fire door might be the determining factor. At the sign of fire, these fireproof doors will drop down to protect your inventory and staff. For the safety of your company, you may want to invest in a fire door.
- Rolling doors: Rolling doors are one of the most popular commercial garage doors in the Houston area. Our rolling doors are made with steel, aluminum or stainless steel construction. These rolling doors are built with a high wind load rating that can protect your business even in extreme weather, which we tend to face in Houston.
- Security grilles: Maximize the security of your commercial facility by scheduling the installation of a grille door. These doors are secure without sacrificing ventilation or full visibility. They’re available in aluminum, steel and stainless steel, and they can suit the vast majority of a business’ security needs.
- Warehouse doors: Do you need a warehouse door? We have options that will meet all of your specific requirements for your warehouse. These doors are low-maintenance and include steel curtains that can stand up even to tough use. Not only are these doors popular for warehouses, but they’re also popular among auto shops, car washes and more.
- Storage unit doors: We also offer low-maintenance, shielded doors for storage units. These doors will allow for inexpensive and easy adjustments for any of your commercial storage unit needs.
Along with the installation of any of these commercial doors, you can also schedule regular maintenance services so that repairs can be made or anticipated before an issue arises, thus avoiding any loss of time or profit for your company.
Trust the Houston Garage Door Service Experts
For more than 25 years, when people have had garage door problems in Houston, they’ve called the professionals at Halo Overhead Doors. Why? Maybe it’s because of our expertise. We’re a Better Business Bureau Member, an International Door Association Member and a Clopay® Master Installer. Maybe it’s because we’re a family-owned, local Houston business that has been serving the community for decades. Or maybe it’s because of the quality of our work and our commitment to customer service.
No matter what reason you have to choose Halo Overhead Doors for your garage door service in Houston, we know you won’t be disappointed. If you have a garage door repair problem, such as a garage door that’s stuck open, one that’s stuck closed, a garage door opener that’s making too much noise or any other common issue, we can solve it. Our technicians have years of experience and have seen just about everything when it comes to garage door repair.
When you call us for service, we’ll arrive promptly with a truck full of fresh parts and state-of-the-art tools ready to solve your issue. We’ll assess the problem, give you a fair estimate of the cost and, with your approval, go right to work. Whether we need to replace a spring, adjust the balance, put in a new panel or do anything else your door needs, we’ll have you up and running again before you know it. When we’re done, we’ll leave nothing behind but a perfectly working garage door.
Our service is not limited to repair. We also perform reliable garage door installations and can do full garage door maintenance, making sure no parts are worn out, lubricating your system and taking other steps to help ward off problems and maximize the life of your garage door.
Contact Halo Overhead Doors for Any and All Garage Door Service Needs
Remember — we service both residential and commercial garage doors and have just as much expertise and commitment to quality service for both, so be sure to call us whether you’re having a garage door issue for your home or business. Although we are a Master Clopay Dealer, we can service any major brand of garage door and help you with garage door opener service as well.
The longer you go without addressing your garage door problems, the worse and more expensive they can get. Let us take care of all your garage door problems now and anytime you need us in the future. Just contact us online for a free estimate or to schedule garage door service today! You can also give us a call at (281) 783-3338.